Our own grown “birds eye” chillies, dried and packaged in the UK. The birds eye chillies is a perennial with small, tapering fruits, often two or three, at a node. The fruits are very pungent. The bird’s eye chili is small, but is quite hot (piquant). It measures around 50,000 – 100,000 Scoville units, which is at the lower half of the range for the hotter habanero but still many times more spicy than a jalapeño. Rwanda is famous for it’s hot sauce Akabanga and these chillies live up to the Akabanga reputation.
- Dried Bird’s Eye Chillies
- Grown And Dried In Rwanda, Packaged In The UK
- Great For Making Piri Piri, Peri Peri or Pili Pili Styled Dishes
- A Native Species of Malawi – Delicious and Hot
- Very hot produce from Rwanda – home of Akabanga