Fresh Scotch Bonnet 500g
Cider Vinegar 220ml
Red Pepper or Fresh Tomato 120g
Fresh Garlic 80g
Demerara Sugar 50g
Lemon Juice 50g
Rapeseed Oil 25ml
Black Pepper 5g
The easiest way to prepare any hot sauce is to chop the ingredients as finely as you can before cooking. This can be using a food processor, stick blender of by hand.
In this particular recipe, we recommend that you add both the Paprika and Black Pepper once you’ve got the desired consistency for your sauce.
- De-stalk Chillies and Red Pepper (or Tomato).
- Blend all fresh ingredients with lemon juice, cider vinegar and rapeseed oil.
- Add all ingredients (except powders) to a large saucepan and simmer. Slowly bring the whole mixture to 88degrees C making sure that you don’t burn any ingredients to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Paprika and Black Pepper
- Sterilise your bottles (See Article Here) and pack hot (over 70 degrees C).